Join me for this week's episode of What Would Amber Do? This week I am so honoured to have on the show an incredible trio of leaders Candace Shivers, Gail Elen and Liz Dietz! Candace and Liz with their dear friend Maureen Charles are the co-founders of Love of Aging, and Gail is the proudest ambassador of the powerful movement to create a whole new paradigm for aging. Each of these woman have reinvented themselves countless times and are the most vibrant of examples of what becomes available when we redefine the outdated narratives that have governed our lives in the past. These ladies are out to create a world where older adults love their lives and are valued, empowered, and engaged ‘til the end. Older age is seen by people of all generations as a celebration of cumulative wisdom, life experiences, and the freedom to go for it.
Join us as we discuss:
- Their journey to create the Love of Aging movement
- Going for it in life
- The old narrative of "Being over the hill"
- The importance of having a purpose - discovering your Ikigai
- Being deep in new territory
- Cultural norms for aging
- What if life actually begins at 70
- Their platform
- Importance of attitude in aging
- "Aging is cool, everybody is doing it!"
Join us for this passionate, empowering, and inspirational conversation.
Connect with Candace, Gail, and Liz here:
Company: Love of Aging
Candace Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gail Email: email@example.com
Liz Email: Lizdietz@loveofaging.com